We are looking to recruit new members
Like our equipment, team members wear out, and need replacing. Some break, some get lost and like a spring flower, new ones must be cultivated
Do you have what we need?
- Do you live within our area of operation, i.e Ambleside, Grasmere, Langdale, Windermere or obscure places in between?
- Are you competent in the hills in all weathers?
- Do you have good local knowledge of the hills?
- Are you willing to learn new skills?
- Do you enjoy being cold, wet and tired and still being fit for work in the morning?
- Are you available to attend rescues at a moment's notice, night and day?
- Will you fit in to the team, get on with people and have a desire to help?
- Are you calm under pressure?
- Would you enjoy the feeling that you had helped someone in trouble or that you had helped save someone's life?
If the answer is yes, then there may be a place for you.
Prospective team members undergo a 12 month probationary period, during which they will be expected to attend a minimum number of training sessions, followed by a number of rescues, before their membership being voted on by our committee.
We'll flag it here when we're in a position to recruit again, so remember this page for the future