A group of 6 hired mountain bikes in Windermere with plans to cycle to Wasdale Head. Despite being warned about the difficulty of the route and the weather by the staff at the bike shop they continued with their plan. They were subsequently reported overdue at Wasdale Head by another family member.
The decision to search was postponed until next morning and the group walked out around 8am having spent a cold, wet and unpleasant night out on the mountains while search teams were deploying.
Make sure you allow enough time to complete your walk and that it is within your capability. Be prepared to change your plan if things aren't going well.