Just what should be in your rucksac when you head out onto the hills this summer?
Here's what I carry...
All Year Round:
- Waterproof top and trousers
- Warm mid layer
- Gloves (two pairs!)
- Map, Compass
- Whistle, Torch
- Spare Batteries
- First aid kit
- Group shelter
- Emergency chocolate
- 600mL water (I add isotonic tablets which are very tasty and make sure that every drop of liquid is used to its best effect)
- (Reading glasses to read the map!)
Plus in summer...
- Another litre of water / Isotonic drink
- Factor 50 sun lotion
- Sun hat
- Substitute emergency chocolate for flapjack (which doesn't melt in the sun!)
- Spare isotonic tablets (in case I fill up from a beck).
- Tick removal tool gets added to the first aid kit.